Foundation Services of Tell City IN can help stabilize your home or business before your foundation and structural problems become unmanageable.
Jobs Completed near Tell City:
- Crack Injections
- Exterior Drainage Systems
- Helical Piering
- Interior Drainage Systems
- Landscape Restoration
- Basement Wall Repair
- Basement Wall Replacement
Do you have any of these problems?
- Foundation cracks
- Interior wall cracks
- Stair step cracks in brick or block
- Sticking doors/windows
- Bowing basement walls
- Sinking porches/decks
What your offered:
- Solid warranty as long as you own the home
- Installer of Quality Long lasting products
- Certified installer of Stabilization Systems
Basement waterproofing materials can vary significantly in their forms and their uses. Some will be available to the public and some may only be available to the trade. Let’s take a look at what is around and how you can apply it to your home situation.
First of all though, you need to be aware that the area you live in also affects the amount of water that’s likely to be around. So take that Waterproof Tell City IN into consideration as this will also influence the type of materials you can use.
The first type of basement waterproofing materials that most people seem to be looking for are simple sealants. In other words, they have a basement that has already had some form of waterproofing applied to it and are looking to patch small damp areas up. There are top-end sealants such as RadonSeal which will treat:
– poured concrete
– mortar in block Tell City IN walls or stone foundations
– concrete or cinder blocks
You need to treat the whole basement, walls and floor, otherwise it’s likely the water will simply find a way around the sealant. This product comes with a limited 20-year guarantee so looks like a viable option. The only issue to be aware of here is that the sealant, (not just this one, but all sealants), will only prevent water seepage on the inside skin of Basement Sealer Tell City IN the basement. In other words, there could be lots of water pressing against and through whatever materials your cellar walls are made of.
If you have cracks in the wall, you may need to consider other options. If your walls are plaster, then you can simply replace the plaster coating. Chip away any loose material from around the crack and simply refill with the plaster.
Another option may be to use a stitching materials. These consist Tell City IN of metal staples which are literally stapled across the cracks, thus preventing or limiting further movement. The cracks are then filled with any cement that doesn’t shrink.
More serious cracks in the walls or the floor of the basement can be filled with Gunite, a form of concrete that is sprayed on. You’ll need special spraying equipment to do this which you can hire. The resulting spray will fill cracks and leave a smooth finish, Tell City IN but you need to get the mixture ratio right. However it does stick to most surfaces so it’s a good option.
Finally, it needs to be said that basement waterproofing materials are not the ultimate solution. You should also be looking at making sure there is as little water getting into the ground around the basement as possible. So also consider:
– keeping rain gutters in perfect repair
– grading the soil to slope away from Tell City IN the house on all sides of the foundation
– removing flower beds, bushes and trees from around the foundations and seed with grass.
– patching cracks in the driveway
– installing curtain drains to take surface water away from the house
– installing dry wells for rainwater downspouts at least 10 ft. from the house
– installing sump pumps
– using interior gutters to collect water seeping through the basement walls and route it Tell City IN to a floor drain
Surrounding Areas In Indiana
- Foundation Repair in Washington KS 66968
- Foundation Repair in Kirkwood NY 13795
- Foundation Repair in Bogota NJ 07603
- Foundation Repair in Poulsbo WA 98370
- Foundation Repair in Dunnellon FL 34433
- Foundation Repair in Milliken CO 80543
- Foundation Repair in Yachats OR 97498
- Foundation Repair in Red Bud IL 62278
- Foundation Repair in Jackson Heights NY 11372
- Foundation Repair in Rochelle Park NJ 07662
Tell City Information
Monday 10/22 0%
Sunny. High 64F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday 10/23 10%
A mainly sunny sky. High 64F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 10/24 10%
Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. High 58F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 10/25 0%
Overcast. High 52F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 10/26 50%
Chance of Rain
Showers in the morning, then cloudy in the afternoon. High 53F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.